Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lady and the Tramp.

Really?

Puh-LeEez!

I was NOT referring to myself in the title, nor was I eluding to my inner trampy stripper.

Oh c'mon, s/he's in all of us. You can deny it all you want, but when your 'jam' comes on, that inner stripper comes on out!!!

1901 by Phoenix does it for me--"folded, folded, folded, folded!"--and there goes my nice family oriented post--right out the sunroof.

William loves Lady and the Tramp dinner night--but he is quick to point out that this isn't a traditional Lady and the Tramp dinner as they didn't eat garlic bread on their date night. I wasn't about to cover the specifics as to why they skipped the garlic bread on that one.

So William rocks this great garlic toast that he does all by himself except the cutting of the bread. It's a great way to get the kids involved regardless of age. I asked William if I could write about his famous garlic toast, and after careful consideration of all possible outcomes, he said yes. I was relieved because I have been so busy that I can't even think about my next post let alone write one. So a big THANK YOU!!! shout out to Dub K for chippin' in on this one.

Has it really come to this?

Yes, yes it has.

Now, in true William fashion, he did have one caveat--"Be sure they use the dinner rolls from Pavilions, Dad!". Yes, I reassured him that I was already planning on sharing that anecdote of making an out of the way stop just for those rolls.

I love his use of the word "they." He automatically assumes that more than one person will read this post!

William's Famous Garlic Toast
2 Tbsp cold salted butter
1 tsp pressed/minced/or frozen crushed garlic
a shake of salt
a small glug of olive oil
3 French dinner rolls (from Pavilions/Safeway/Vons) cut in half

Put the tsp of garlic and 2 Tbsp butter in a microwave safe ramekin or small bowl.

Heat them on high for 15-20 seconds, don't worry if the butter melts completely, you can set it up in the freezer if need be.

Remove it from the microwave, add a shake of salt, a quick swirl of olive oil, and mix it all up. If it's a bit loose put the ramekin in the freezer for 3-5 minutes until it firms up a tad.

Cut the rolls in half and spread the garlic butter on nice and thick.

Toast in a toaster oven buttered side up using the 'medium' toaster setting. Once that's done switch it to broil and let it broil for 2-3 minutes until they brown nicely on top.

These are best when served with Spaghetti and Meatballs, and it's not a true Lady and the Tramp Dinner, until you split a spaghetti noodle with a loved one.

Preferably done before eating the garlic toast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment